Thursday, April 3, 2008

Molding experiences








Today I am going in to work late so that I can experiment with the new recipes and with molding chocolates, rather than hand dip. I made an infused mint ganache with white chocolate. I think it turned out well. I attempted to splatter the inside of the molds with colored cocoa butter. I think I got more on me than in the molds. I poured tempered chocolate into the molds, and not so quickly dumped the excess chocolate out. I wasn't fast enough and the last mold has many air bubbles and gaps. I piped the mint ganache into the shells, allowed them to set for about an hour, then put the bottom on them. I am not very good at this yet!! Surprisingly, I think my first time was partially successful.


I will also post pictures of my lady bugs. I made these before I took the class on how-to-do-it. I made them for a granddaughters first birthday party.

No comments: